What You Learn
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of four main phases:
- Knowledge Development (Online Learning) to understand basic principles of scuba diving,
- Classroom Session with an instructor to build on what you've already learned,
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills,
- Open Water Dives at local dive sites* to review your skills and explore!
* Open Water dives during winter months typically require a trip to the Florida Springs at an additional cost.
To enroll in the PADI Open Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course, you must be:
- 10 years or older (PADI eLearning requires a minimum age of 13 years or parents consent due to international internet laws).
*Learning materials, including but not limited to: crew packs, text books, and eLearning, are not returnable/refundable. Once eLearning has been assigned, it is not possible to transfer it to another student. We will make every effort to help you succeed and finish your course. Students may move course dates from month to month(up to 12 months) without any additional charges in order to complete their certification. Course fees may be refunded as store credit to be used on equipment, trips, or courses.
Local Instruction Cost
All Processing Fees